POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Blender, Povanim, Poseray and friends : Re: Blender, Povanim, Poseray and friends Server Time
17 May 2024 07:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender, Povanim, Poseray and friends
From: Burki
Date: 21 Apr 2005 13:40:01
Message: <web.4267e4f2de0cce51d61e8c370@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> Don't use Blender at all.  But my first guess is that it is about the
> calculation of the normals, and when that is being done.  Maybe if you
> take a simple object made in Blender and run it through each workflow
> and open the files along the way to compare the normals?  Unless the
> normals are actually being regenerated by poseray then it might be that
> the Blender -> mesh2 script in Blender is different from the Blender ->
> .obj script in Blender.

Hi!

Povanim produces only half the number of normal indices as PoseRay does.

I imported a Wavefront.obj (made with Wings3D) into Blender to animate it.
  ==
Exporting it with Povanim resulted in
 1184 faces
 594  vertex vectors
and 594 normal indices

Exporting with PovRay gave me
 the same number of faces and vertex vectors
but 1184 normals

I think it's not a matter of Povanim but of blender itself, as the rendered
image in POV-Ray looked as ugly as the blender render with all the visible
faces especially when having a Glass material.
With PoseRay it looked really good (as usual).

Now I'm looking for alternatives for animation.
Tried 3DCanvas but that program is really a  p. i . t. a.

Yours,
Burki